Welcome

By simple definition metamorphosis means change. What I am hoping to achieve is so much more than that.

From dictionary.com:
"a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism"

And from merriam-webster.com:
"a striking alteration in appearance, character, or circumstances"

I will strive to be a better version of the me that I am today. Both physically and in my character. As they say, "today is the first day of the rest of my life."

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Small Changes

I'm trying to ease into my new lifestyle. This way I can figure out what works for me and what doesn't. Today I tried a few things and it seemed to go well.  For starters, I passed on the coffee for a glass of orange juice. I know orange juice is loaded with calories, but they aren't empty calories. I had a small breakfast, which I usually skip.  At lunch time, I didn't put any mayo on my sandwich. I was offered jellybeans this afternoon, and I passed them up. And finally,  I made potatoes for the kids with dinner tonight, I had a second veggie instead of the potatoes.  I'm feeling pretty happy with my choices.  The next step is to make these little changes permanent.  I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment