Welcome

By simple definition metamorphosis means change. What I am hoping to achieve is so much more than that.

From dictionary.com:
"a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism"

And from merriam-webster.com:
"a striking alteration in appearance, character, or circumstances"

I will strive to be a better version of the me that I am today. Both physically and in my character. As they say, "today is the first day of the rest of my life."

Friday, July 22, 2011

At what point?

At what point is it okay for us to just accept what people say without questioning? Yes, there's a back story to this question.

About a year ago a "friend" ended our friendship. Now I'm sure she had her reasons, and I respect that. However, what she said to me was that she couldn't be friends with someone like me. I simply said that I understood and apologized for having put her in a position where she felt had to do this. It really hurt, but I didn't want to make things more difficult than they needed to be. She had made her decision and that was that.  Obviously, since it's been over a year, it still bothers me. What the hell does that mean? Someone like me? Like me how? What is it about me that she couldn't be friends with?

In hindsight I wish I had asked her these questions. Now I'll never know.  So now I wonder, should I have even asked her? Did I handle this situation right? I hope so. I like to think that I backed out gracefully not making things difficult for her.

This is what I ponder, sending my question out into the cosmos, not necessarily seeking an answer, just peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment